精華區beta suede 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Review of Suedes' one-off show in Portugal last saturday, thanks to Tiago Ferreira. The gig, as you know, was in Coimbra which is a city about 200km from the capital, Lisbon. It was part of the annual festivities known as "Festa das Latas". The price of the tickets was 2000 escudos (about 7£) for students and 3500 (about 12£) for other people, for SIS members (like me!) it was free! The venue was a sports pavillion which could take about 3500 people. Before Suede there were three Portuguese bands on stage; "Tendrills", "The Gift" and "Estudantina". The stage wasn't very big or luxorious. Just before the concert began Alex came on stage to set up is equipment. There were some people from England following the band, Izumi and Peter Crompton were there and took some very nice pictures! Before the show a instumental version of "Simon" was played on the sound system and the the band came on stage. The first song was "Can't Get Enough" and then the band played a set of songs from all the albums, "So Young", "Animal Nitrate", "Metal Mickey", "The Wild Ones", "Trash", "She", "Beautiful Ones", "Filmstar", "Everything Will Flow" and maybe some other that I can't remember at the moment. To the end the band saved a new song "Beautiful Looser".... well I can tell you it's just great! After that the band said goodbye and went away but everyone just kept clapping for minutes and they decided to come back. On the encore they played another new song: "Positivity" also very very good and to the end a magic moment..... because it was saturday Brett asked the audience. Everyone seemed very happy with the concert except Richard who wasn't as active as in the past.... but even Alex seemed to fit in very well. Source: Tiago Ferreira Editor: David -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 140.123.212.37