看板 Aviation 關於我們 聯絡資訊
為了幫助我的教練的其他後進學生,我把IR考試口試的心得寫下來與他分享,也貼在這邊 給有興趣的同好參考。 Flight plan =========== Prior to the exam day, DPE Grandpa asked me to plan for a trip from KAUS to KNEW. From aviationweather.gov, I checked METAR, TAF, Surface Analysis Chart, Radar Summary Chart, Constant Pressure Chart, Wind Aloft Chart, G-AIRMET to figure out weather conditions in the departure airport, destination, and enroute. Given the weather conditions of the day we would have strong headwind from the East, so the trip would require an extra fuel stop to be compliant with IFR regs. I created the flight plan with 2 legs: 1) KAUS -> KLCH : KAUS ILEXY2.JAYJO TNV V306 DAS V306 STRUT KLCH 2) KLCH -> KNEW : KLCH LCH.AWDAD1 VOODO HRV KNEW I used ForeFlight and also TPP publication to figure out SID and STAR normally used between these airports. Since I was given the condition that GPS was acting up I made the plan using VOR navigation and Victor airways. I plotted the course on IFR low-enroute chart, and created the IFR navigation log, with WCA, MC, MH, CH, GS, GPH, ETE all computed. Because the FAA has recommended all flight plan switch to ICAO format, I also looked up how to use the ICAO flight plan format. The most important part is to figure out Equipment Code. The FAA has a page for that: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/service_units/systemops/fs/res_links/media/icao_flight_plan_filing.pdf And there is a very good web page from ForeFlight teaching you how to do that properly: https://support.foreflight.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049193173-ICAO-Equipment-Guide I find the page on ForeFlight even better than the one from the FAA. I also computed weight and balance to ensure we are well within the normal category envelope. I also checked NOTAM, Known ATC delay on the FAA website. I also checked runway lengths of the airports in the flight plan, made sure they are well beyond the required takeoff/landing roll distance of Cessna 172S. I also checked if there's any special obstacle departure procedures in the TPP. COVID-19 test ============= At the early morning of the exam day, I went to an emergency room specified by DPE Grandpa to take a COVID-19 test for pilots. It's a PCR test so it's very accurate. The test took about 45 minutes. It came back negative so we can commence the exam. Oral exam ========= After verifying my ID and certificates and all the paperworks, DPE Grandpa checked my knowledge test result and logged the questions I was wrong, and began to quiz me. We talked about when instrument rating is required, 6HITS, currency v proficiency. We also talked about the requirements of a safety pilot. We talked about some weather, I explained what is stable and unstable air, what is temperature inversion. I drew a diagram to explain what the lapse rate looks like in an inversion layer, and I explained what kind of weather we can expect within an inversion layer and at the boundary of an inversion layer. I briefly explained what gauges are driven by the pitot-static system, and what are in the gyroscopic system. I also explained why the turn coordinator is not driven by the engine vacuum pump. I also explain what the symptoms would be should we encounter a vacuum system failure, and how we act. I explained the different kinds of GPS minimums : LNAV, LNAV/VNAV, LP, LPV. I also explained that to shoot an LP and an LPV approach we need a WAAS-equipped GPS receiver, and how the WAAS system works. DPE Grandpa checked my IFR flight plan, and gave me a simulated IFR clearance. I copied and read back correctly. He then asked me to explain the AWDAD1 STAR into KNEW. I brought up the chart and explained it to him. He also asked me when can we descend from cruise altitude to the altitude stipulated on the chart. I said when we are cleared "descend via" the arrival. We brought up the low enroute chart, and he randomly picked several spots asking me to explain what they are. We covered some airports/fixes/navaids/SUAs. And I also explained how to identify a fix with 2 VOR receivers. He also asked me how the CDI needles are deflected before reaching the fix. He asked me about my personal minimums. I answered ceiling 1000' AGL, 3sm visibility. He then asked me what weather phenomenon, and what adverse conditions I might anticipate flying above Lake Pontchartrain shooting an approach into KNEW. I said given the weather condition of the day we should expect rain and fog. He asked me what else, and do I have any experiences flying over water in a low altitude. I said I have zero time flying over water yet. He told me we might become spatially disoriented and I should be aware of that in the future. We examined the maintenance logbooks of N12345. I showed him the most recent annual inspection, VOR check, 100 hour inspection, pitot-static system check, transponder check, ELT check. We know EGT gauge is inop on N12345. I explained how we follow 91.213 to determine can we legally fly IFR with an inop EGT: - MEL? no MEL for N12345. - day VFR? EGT is not required for day VFR. - 91.205 kind of operation? EGT is not in ATOMATOFLAMES, FLAPS, GRABCARD. - required equipment according to POH? we walked through the eqiupment list of Cessna 172S POH. EGT is NOT a required device with suffix R. - AD? I brought up the FAA AD webpage and loaded ADs for Cessna 172S. There is nothing specific about EGT. Therefore we can placard EGT gauge as inop and legally fly N12345 under IFR. I also pointed out the maintenance entry in the airframe logbook. He gave me a set of conditions (MTOW, 90F, dew 40F, 3014 altimeter) at KSEZ, and asked me if we could fly OATES ONE ODP. After some computations, we can barely meet the climb gradient, but just barely. Would it be another Cessna with a smaller engine we might not be able to make the climb. He asked me what should we do? I answered we'll wait for a lower temperature so the density altitude becomes lower and we'd have better performance. He said that's all for the oral exam and let's fly. 個人覺得口試的難易適中,比我教練噹我的一些問題要簡單許多: - Explain attitude indicator self-erecting mechanism (pendulous vanes). - Explain the mechanism how VOR radials are determined (phase difference between reference and variable signals). - Explain errors associated in the GPS system. - Explain the differences of climb gradients between ODP/VCOA/DVA. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 108.226.172.119 (美國) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Aviation/M.1602629463.A.60D.html ※ 編輯: JackChung (108.226.172.119 美國), 10/14/2020 07:35:19
bzez: 竟然沒問到lost comm 10/14 13:38
bzez: 推分享 10/14 13:45
JackChung: lost comm 在術科考試中實際出現 @@~ 10/14 20:18
yafayu: 你教練的前兩個問題也太難 10/17 06:21