看板 Celtics 關於我們 聯絡資訊
新聞出處(必填): Boston Globe https://bit.ly/2IWTpF0 作者:Adam Himmelsbach 時間:May 21, 2018 CLEVELAND — In late March of 2006, Justin Tatum brought his 8-year-old son, Jayson, to Cleveland so they could watch Justin’s best friend and Jayson’s godfather, Larry Hughes, play two games with the Cavaliers. 2006年的三月底,Jayson Tatum的爸爸--Justin Tatum帶著八歲大的Jayson前往克里夫蘭 觀看Jusitn的好朋友、Jayson的教父--Larry Hughes的兩場球賽, (譯者注:2006/3/17(五) 對決拓荒者 2006/3/19(日)對決湖人_) It was no accident that they had chosen this weekend, because in addition to a game against the Blazers, there was a game against the Lakers, and that meant Jayson would be able to see his idol, Kobe Bryant. 選擇這個周末觀賞球賽並非偶然,除了能看到對陣拓荒者的比賽,也有一場比賽是對陣 湖人的比賽,這代表著Jayson能夠去看到他的偶像Kobe Bryant。 But the Cavaliers had a rising superstar of their own. LeBron James was already laying waste to opponents in just his third NBA season. The day before one of the games that weekend, Hughes invited Jayson Tatum to Cleveland ’s practice. 但是騎士隊友那時正有一個冉冉升起的超級巨星─ LeBron James。他當時的表現已經足 夠讓他的對手陷入尷尬的情況,這才僅僅只是他的第三個NBA球季。在對抗湖人的前一天, Larry邀請Jayson來克里夫蘭訓練。 “I remember deeply, I called Larry and it was like two hours after the practice had started, and I said, ‘Are ya’ll still out there?’ ” Justin Tatum said. “And he was like, ‘Your son is still trying to play everybody one-on-one. He’s trying to get everybody to get some games in.’ Jayson came back and told me how he got a chance to play against LeBron.” 「我仍然印象深刻,我在練習開始後約兩小時打電話給Larry,問他說他們是否還在那 裡?」Justin說。「他說:『你的兒子試圖去跟每個人打1對1的比賽。他試著讓每個人 都能跟他打過。』 Jayson回來後,他告訴我他如何獲得與LeBron交手的機會。」 Now, of course, Tatum is getting another chance to play against LeBron in Cleveland. But this time it is in the Eastern Conference finals. 現在,Jayson得到另一個機會在克里夫蘭去對陣LeBron,但這次是在東部決賽。 “I remember I got to shoot with the guys, and think I played LeBron one-on-one or in a shooting game,” Tatum said. “It’s pretty crazy how fast time goes by.” 「我記得我與這些球員投藍過,而且我認為我跟LeBron打過1對1、或是投籃比賽」Jayson 說。「時間真的是過得飛快啊。」 Hughes has been best friends with Justin Tatum since they were high school students in St. Louis, and now he has an unlikely connection to this series. He chuckled as he considered how rare it is to have his godson matched up against one of his former teammates, who also happens to be one of the best players of all time. 自從一同在聖路易斯的高中就讀過,Larry與Justin成為了好朋友。現在的Hughes也早已 退役。當他想到他的教子Jayson正在對抗他以前的隊友─一個可能是有史以來最好的球員 之一時,不禁讓他莞爾。 “I’m happy for Jayson,” Hughes said by telephone on Sunday. “I think this is an experience he’s dreamed about, that he’s been preparing himself for, and when the opportunity came, he was ready to perform. I’m just happy he’s not going to back down or shy away from the attention that the playoffs bring. It’s a beautiful thing.” 「我為Jayson感到高興。」Larry在星期天的電話中說道。「我認為這是他夢寐以求的經 驗,他已經為此準備了許久,當這樣的機會來臨時,他已經準備好去表現。我很高興他不 會退縮,也不會迴避季後賽帶來的關注,這是一件美妙的事情。」 Hughes’s eight-team, 13-year NBA career started just about six months after Tatum was born, so he was not around him much during the season. Most often, their two families spent time together during summers, with pickup games sprouting up on the full court at Hughes’s St. Louis home. Larry的八支隊伍、13年NBA生涯,在Jayson生下後的六個月就開始了,所以他在賽季中並 不在Jayson身邊。大多數的時候,他們兩家人會在夏季時一起度過一段時光,在Larry聖 路易斯的家中進行一些籃球對抗遊戲。 Even when Tatum was still just a child, Hughes could tell that he had an unusual skillset centered on his elegant footwork and picture-perfect jump shot. 即使當時Jayson仍然只是個小孩,Larry仍然對於他不尋常的優秀步伐、如畫般優美的 跳投...等技巧感到印象深刻。 “And he was confident,” Hughes said. “He spent a lot of time working on his skills and messing around with the basketball, so he was really confident growing up. And obviously his height gave him an advantage. But when he was younger, he was challenging everybody.” 「他那時相當有信心。」Larry說。「他花了很多時間去精進他的技巧,常常與籃球為 伍,因此他在成長時保相當的自信,顯然,他的身高給予他優勢。但在他更年少時,他 時常被大家挑戰。」 Tatum saw Hughes play a few other times, including when the Cavaliers reached the 2007 NBA Finals against the Spurs. One year more recently, when James played for the Heat and Tatum was visiting family in Memphis, Hughes made a call and got Tatum into Miami’s pregame shootaround when the Heat were facing the Grizzlies. Jayson看過Larry一些比賽,包括2007年騎士對抗馬刺的NBA總決賽。最近的一年則是 LeBron James在熱火效力時、Jayson正在孟菲斯探親。當時Hughes打了一通電話,讓 Jayson能夠進入熱火對陣灰熊時的賽前投籃。 Hughes said that it has been a joy to see Tatum emerge as one of the NBA’s top young talents. At various times throughout this season he has texted Tatum with small tips or pointers, mostly centered on how teams are trying to stop him. Larry說,看到Jayson成為NBA的頂尖年輕人才之一是一種樂趣。在整個賽季的不同期間, 他會發簡訊給Jayson,告訴他一些小訣竅,那些小訣竅大多是其他球隊會用怎樣的方式去 防守他。 “Every time he does text me it’s always helpful advice,” Tatum said, “ because he played in the league for [13] years.” 「每次他發來的簡訊都是相當有用的建議。」Jayson說。「因為他在聯盟中打了多年的 比賽。」 Hughes has not dispensed any morsels during these playoffs, though, because he knows as well as anyone how much clutter can flood in during this time of year. But Hughes said it is obvious that opponents are now trying to clog Tatum’s airspace and make him do something other than pour in long jump shots. Larry在季後賽中仍對Jayson有些小提醒。因為他知道,在這一個時間上每個人多少都有些 不知所措的時刻。Larry說,顯然地,對手正在試圖壓縮Jayson的空間,讓他作一些除了跳 投以外的事情。 “He does a good job of countering, so it’s not really going to bother him,” he said. “But it’s just an awareness factor of how they’re playing him.” 「他的反擊能力不錯,所以現在並不真的需要去打擾他。但是他需要知道對手是怎麼對付 他的。」 Hughes, who played with James in Cleveland for three seasons, is also quite familiar with James’s approach and tendencies. He said the Celtics have generally done well, despite James’s gaudy numbers over the past two games. Larry與LeBron James一同在克里夫蘭效力了三個球季,對LeBron的表現有相當程度的 認知。他表示:儘管LeBron在過去兩場比賽的表現相當出色,但是塞爾提克整體表現的 相當不錯。 “They have a good game plan on LeBron, with tilting and bringing the bottom guy over,” Hughes said. “I’d just say, even if LeBron is not scoring, you still have to double-team him. I think he gets in a rhythm of just passing, and a lot of times he’s just comfortable in the game, and if he’s not double-teamed, if he sees one person time after time, even if it’s a switch and it’s a different person, he’s going to figure that rhythm out. So I think consistently running a double-team at him is what’s going to be needed to win.” 「他們(塞爾提克)有良好的計畫去對抗LeBron,(求譯)」Larry說。「我必須說,即使 LeBron沒有進球,你仍然需要包夾他。我認為他很快能取得傳球節奏,很多時候他也因 為比賽節奏掌控在手中,所以感到很舒適。如果沒有包夾他,如果只是一個人防守他, 或僅僅只是由不同的人防守,他仍然會找出比賽的節奏。所以我認為他們應該試圖不斷 的包夾LeBron,他們(塞爾提克)才能贏得這場比賽。」 Next year Justin Tatum will coach Hughes’s son, Larry II, at Christian Brothers College High School. He is still on an active group text string with Hughes and other former CBC High teammates, and it is hard for all of them to believe that Jayson Tatum is now the one tussling against James. Hughes, for one, thinks the benefits will go well beyond this season. 明年,Justin將會執教Larry的兒子、Larry二世在基督教兄弟學院高中的比賽。他仍然與 Larry還有其他來自CBC高中的同學有連絡。他們的同學對Jayson現在是與LeBron交手的對 手感到難以置信。Larry認為,與LeBron交手是相當好的機會,甚至超越了季賽。 “It can only help,” he said. “Jayson did a great job through the regular season, but yeah the playoffs are where you make your name. So he’s gotten off to a great start.” 「(與Lebron交手)相當的有幫助。」Larry說。「Jayson在季賽表現得不錯,但是在季後 賽才是讓你變得知名的地方,所以他今年(第一個賽季)有個很好的開始。」 心得: 內容主要說了有關於Jayson Tatum與LeBron James最早的緣分, 但不太同意有關於防守LeBron的那段。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 36.226.160.216 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Celtics/M.1526880996.A.16B.html
yashiky2010: 上一場不要說包夾了,光是擋拆交代不好的一瞬間就讓 05/21 13:44
yashiky2010: 我們付出不少代價了 05/21 13:44
xsdboy: 明天加油!昨天防守真的不行... 05/21 14:14
ubuntuable: 如果除了包夾LBJ以外的三名防守者都是KG,我同贊成包 05/21 14:20
ubuntuable: 夾 05/21 14:20
gaiaesque: 推 05/21 17:21
narutotha: 推!明天加油>< 05/21 18:03