看板 DigiCurrency 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Today, Jay Clayton, Chairman of the SEC, and Christopher Giancarlo, Chairman of the CFTC, testified in front of Congress on cryptocurrencies. Here are the 10 most important takeaways from Jay Clayton’s remarks: 1. Bitcoin and Ether are not necessarily currencies. “Simply calling something a currency or a currency-based product does not mean it is not a security.” 2. Most utility tokens are securities. “Merely calling a token a ‘utility’ token or structuring it to provide some utility does not prevent the token from being a security.” 3. Therefore, most ICOs are the sale of securities. “By and large, the structure of ICOS that I have seen involve the offer and sale of securities and directly implicate the securities registration requirements.” 4. Exchanges where investors trade tokens are not, in fact, exchanges because they have not registered with the SEC. “Many trading platforms are even referred to as ‘exchanges.’ I am concerned that this appearance is deceiving. In reality, nvestors transacting on these trading platforms do not receive many of the market protections that they would when transacting through broker-dealers on registered exchanges or alternative trading systems. ” 5. No ICOs have been registered with the SEC, and the SEC has not approved any Exchange Traded Funds or other assets related to cryptocurrencies. “If any person today says otherwise, investors should be especially wary.” 6. ICOs to date have been vulnerable to digital hacks. “10% of proceeds generated by ICOsXr almost $400MXave been lost to such attacks.” 7. Anti-money laundering and know-your-customer laws must be implemented. “ Market participants should treat payments and other transactions made in cryptocurrency as if cash were being handed from one party to the other.” 8. ICO promoters, such as platforms and marketing agents, should be careful not to engage in selling unregistered securities. “Engaging in the business of selling securities generally requires a license.” 9. The market is ripe for fraud from many different actors. “Experience shows that excessive touting in thinly traded and volatile markets can be an indicator of scalping, pump and dump, and other manipulations and frauds.” 10. The new Cyber Unit in the Division of Enforcement is going to be more aggressive with enforcement actions against those who violate the law. “I have asked the SEC’s Division of Enforcement to continue to police these markets vigorously and recommend enforcement actions against those who conduct ICOs or engage in other actions relating to cryptocurrencies in violation of the federal securities laws.” It is clear the SEC is making sure investors are protected and those who defy the securities laws brought to justice. If you liked what you read, follow me to get notified when I publish new stories and hit the clap button so that others see this story. 心得: 我認為就這十點結論來看對整個市場是短空長多,想聽聽看大家的意見:D 原文: https://hackernoon.com/top-10-points-made-by-the-sec-and-cftc-congress-testimony-on-cryptocurrencies-f4c71712624c -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 118.163.51.199 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/DigiCurrency/M.1517971416.A.175.html
JoyRex: 那你該快快上車嚕 02/07 10:45
kci9kimo: 哪來長多,還說我大ETH是something a currency 02/07 11:03
ECZEMA: 不意外 區塊鏈最終想摧毀中心化組織 政府也是 不愛無監管 02/07 11:05
kci9kimo: 交易所沒納管他們不爽, ICO很多騙子他們要管 02/07 11:05
kci9kimo: 難怪陸續看到交易所跟ICO不收美國人 02/07 11:06
EthereumPTT: 技術幣比較有未來 但比特以太太強大了 (我就是不說xr 02/07 14:00
EthereumPTT: p 02/07 14:00
ilovevear: 沒有比特就沒有分賬技術 02/07 14:32
darkdixen: 短多長也多 歐印的時刻到了! 02/07 15:02