看板 Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
先回答一下你的第一個問題有關however的逗點用法 如有回答不周 再請各位高手指正 建議你不要看你手上的那本書 直接去查英英字典的例句寫法 你會發現基本上however 這個字如果你去查英英字典的話 你發現不同的英英字典對 however會下不同的詞性定義 這點蠻有趣的 我們可以看看下面三本學習型英字典的解釋來研究一下:: OALD however adverb 1. used with an adjective or adverb to mean ‘to whatever degree’ 1-1. He wanted to take no risks, however small. 1-2. She has the window open, however cold it is outside. 1-3. However carefully I explained, she still didn't understand. When ever is used to emphasize how, meaning ‘In what way or manner?’, it is usually written as a separate word 1-4. How ever did you get here so quickly? 2. in whatever way 2-1. However you look at it, it's going to cost a lot. 3. used to introduce a statement that contrasts with something that has just been said 3-1. He was feeling bad. He went to work, however, and tried to concentrate. 3-2. We thought the figures were correct. However, we have now discovered some errors. LDOCE However adverb / conjunction Adverb however 1 used when you are adding a fact or piece of information that seems surprising, or seems very different from what you have just said [= nevertheless]: 1-1 This is a cheap and simple process. However there are dangers. 1-2 an extremely unpleasant disease which is, however, easy to treat 2 used to say that it does not matter how big, good, serious etc something is because it will not change a situation in any way [= no matter how]: 2-1. You should report any incident, however minor it is. 2-2. We have to finish, however long it takes. however much/many 2-3. I really want the car, however much it costs. 3 especially British English used to show surprise when you ask how something happens or how someone does something: 3-1. However did he get that job? Conjunction however2 in whatever way: 1. You can do it however you like. 2. If we win the match we'll be delighted, however it happens. MWLD however / adverb 1. used when you are saying something that is different from or contrasts with a previous statement 1-1. I'd like to go; however, I'd better not. [=I'd like to go, but I should not] 1-2. The forecast is bad. It's possible, however, that conditions could improve. 1-3. Sales are up this quarter. However, expenses have increased as well. 2. to whatever degree or extent : no matter how — used before an adjective or adverb 2-1. However many people come [=whether a few people or many people come], we'll be ready. 2-2. She couldn't convince him, however hard [=no matter how hard] she tried. 3. used as a more forceful way of saying how 3-1. However did you do that? [=how did you ever do that?] however / conjunction 1. in whatever manner or way 1-1. Do it however you like. 1-2. I will help however I can. 從帳面這三本字典的例句中 我們可以試圖歸納出幾個原則或句型(如果你覺得那樣稱呼比 較好的話 也可以) 我們可觀察到however當以下幾個解釋時常見的寫法:: 1. however:無論何種方式 A: However + S1 + V1 + , + S2 + V2 此處的however在字典中是有些歸類成副詞(OALD)有些歸類成連接詞(LDOCE)但實際的句子 的寫法比較像是從屬連接詞 參考例句: OALD / adverb 2-1. However you look at it, it's going to cost a lot. LDOCE / conjunction 3. However you look at it, it was a wicked thing to do. B: S1 + V2 + however + S2 + V2 參考例句: MWLD 1-1. Do it however you like. 1-2. I will help however I can. 注意:句A中的S1V2 是句B中的S2V2 其中S1與S2可以一樣也可以不一樣 2. however:無論哪種程度 A: S1 + V1 + , + however + adv/adj (S2 + V2) 參考例句: OALD/adverb 1-1. He wanted to take no risks, however small. 1-2. She has the window open, however cold it is outside. MWLD 2-2. She couldn't convince him, however hard [=no matter how hard] she tried. B: However + adv/adj + (S2 + V2) + , S1 + V1 參考例句: OALD/adverb 1-3. However carefully I explained, she still didn't understand. MWLD 2-1. However many people come [=whether a few people or many people come], we'll be ready. 3. however: 然而 常見的有兩種寫法分別為 A: 句1跟句2分開寫 句1: S1 + V1+ … . 句2: However + (,) + S1 + V2 參考例句: OALD/adverb 3-2. We thought the figures were correct. However, we have now discovered some errors. LDOCE/adverb 1-1 This is a cheap and simple process. However there are dangers. MWLD 1-3. Sales are up this quarter. However, expenses have increased as well. B: 句1跟句2合在一起寫 S1 + V2 + ; + however + , + S2 + V2 參考例句: MWLD 1-1. I'd like to go; however, I'd better not. [=I'd like to go, but I should not] 以上的歸納是根據三本英英字典而來 但實際運用還是得靠多攝取英文文章來看實際運用方式 不保證however的用法只侷限上面所寫的 不同的作者或時期或地區寫法可能有所差異 但至少字典提供了我們一些基本的準則可以參考 以上文章提供給你作參考 若有錯誤請各位指正 謝謝 ※ 引述《ntuyeh (酷小忍龍)》之銘言: : 1記得以前學的時候有說:Adv cl, Main cl. :           或Main cl + Adv cl. : 例如:Wherever he goes, he is welcome. :    He is welcome wherever he goes. : 但現在看到一句:You can't catch up with a car, however fast you run. : 為什麼這兒有逗點呢? : 2書上給公式:Even if S1 V1···, S2 V2··· :       =S2 V2···even if S1 V1··· :        even though 亦同 : 但他自己下面例句有一句:Let's try, even though we may fail. : 也沒有說是什麼原因還是例外之類的 : 為什麼寫書要寫得這樣自打臉呢OAO -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 223.138.207.69 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Eng-Class/M.1425980107.A.743.html
ntuyeh: 對齁...一時忘了有「無論何種程度」這解 謝啦 03/10 17:46