看板 Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《DreamerSun (都利姆桑)》之銘言: : 前輩好! : 小弟最近對於以下文法卡好久,一直想不通, : A) I will show him who is the boss. : B) I don't know who he is. : 請問這兩句 who 後面的動詞位置不一樣的原因是? : 為何 A) 不是 who the boss is? : 謝謝大家! 可以直接看上色圖片版https://i.imgur.com/tVl72P0.jpg
因為懶得在BBS裡上色XD 以下是文字版 ---- A) I will show him who is the boss. B) I don't know who he is. 1.這兩句的都是名詞子句。 2. I will show him who is the boss.這句後面的who is the boss並沒有倒裝,因為 who本來就是主詞,誠如s831111所說的: 問:Who(主詞)is the boss? 答:Tom(主詞)is the boss. ---- 參考 Practical English Usage 3rd. 278.7 Questions beginning "who/what/which + be" can ask for a subject or a complement. Compare: 以who ;what ; which+ be 開頭的疑問句可就主語或補語進行提問。試比較: Who is the best player here? 誰是這兒最好的選手? (This asks for a subject: a possible answer is John is the best player here.) (這是就主語進行提問:可能的回答是John is the best player here) What is the time? (This asks for a complement: a possible answer is The time is 4.30, NOT 4.30 is the time.) (這是就補語進行提問:可能的回答是The time is 4.30,不能說:4.30 is the time.) When we report the first kind of question (where "who/what/which + be" asks for a subject), two word orders are possible. 在轉述第一種疑問句(這裏的who / what / which + be 就主語進行提問)時,有兩種可 用的詞序。 DIRECT: Who's the best player here? INDIRECT: She asked me who was the best player. She asked me who the best player was. DIRECT: What's the matter? INDIRECT: I asked what was the matter. I asked what the matter was. DIRECT: Which is my seat? INDIRECT: She wondered which was her seat. She wondered which her seat was. This does not happen when "who/what/which" asks for a complement. 當who/what/which 就補語進行提問時,則只能有一種語序: DIRECT: What's the time? INDIRECT: She asked what the time was. (NOT USUALLY She asked what was the time.) (通常不能說:She asked what was the time.) ---- 回到本題: ※I will show him who is the boss. 這句的問句是who is the boss? 明顯問的是「問句中的主詞/主語who」,回答可能是 Tom (is the boss.)(因為這個問句中的主詞在回答時也是主詞,因此寫成間接問句時, 語序就不需要變動,本來就是「主詞+動詞」的順序。) 不過若照Practical English Usage的說法,問「主詞/主語」時,可以有兩種間接問句寫 法: I will show him who is the boss. I will show him who the boss is. ※I don't know who he is. 這句的問句是Who is he? 問的是「問句中的主詞補語he」,回答可能是He is the boss. (因為這個問句中的主詞補語he,在回答時變成主詞了,因此寫成間接問句時,語 序需要變動,要把he放到is前面,寫成I don't know who he is.這樣才是「主詞+動詞」 的順序,而who在這裡就是名詞子句連接詞) 照Practical English Usage的說法,問主詞補語時只能有一種寫法:I don't know who he is. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 1.169.68.139 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Eng-Class/M.1563120210.A.6B6.html
DreamerSun: 謝謝您,我消化一下。很豐富的內容 感謝您的熱心! 07/15 00:53