看板 Henin 關於我們 聯絡資訊
HENIN LOOKS BACK ON HER HOF LEGACY Henin回顧她的名人堂傳奇 http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/5404979 7 座大滿貫得主、117 週世界第一、43座WTA單打頭銜、雅典奧運金牌、2001聯邦盃冠軍。 名人堂得主?毋庸質疑。 Seven-time Slam champion. 117 weeks at World No.1. 43 WTA singles titles. 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist. 2001 Fed Cup champion. Hall of Famer? Never in doubt. Justine Henin 與兩座大滿貫得主 Marat Safin 今年夏天將被引薦進入國際網球名人堂。 雖然資歷無懈可擊,但 33 歲的比利時人週二透過電話專訪時仍對這項消息感到驚喜。 『能成為這項運動的一份子、在歷史留名,我感到榮幸。當還在比賽時,真的不會想到  有一天能永遠成為這運動的一部分。現在這份榮譽,也許讓我又多體會到這份意義。 』 Justine Henin will be inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame this summer, in a class that includes two-time major champion Marat Safin. Despite her impeccable resume, the 33-year Belgian admitted the announcement still came as a surprise. "It's an honor to be part of the game, of the history of the game," Henin told reporters via phone on Tuesday. "When you play, you don't really realize that you're going to be part of the game forever. Now with this honor, probably more I realize that a little bit more." 雖然身高僅 165 公分,Henin 仍在強力網球當道的時刻站上峰頂。她多變、巧妙而敏捷 的比賽讓她與眾不同。而她同時期的競爭對手─小威、Mauresmo及同胞Clijsters也彰顯 她在那個世代的非凡。 Henin 能找到回擊比她質量還高的方法,在場上的專注力與毅力讓她佔有一席之地;而 同時被譽為史上最佳之一的單手反拍,那份優雅贏得許多球迷的心。 Standing at just five feet, five inches, Henin rose to the top of the game during a time when pure power tennis appeared to take hold. Her game, built on variety, guile, and quickness set her apart. Her great rivalries with the likes of Serena Williams, Amélie Mauresmo, and compatriot Kim Clijsters helped define her generation of greats. Finding a way to hit hit above her weight-class, Henin's laser-like focus and grittiness earned her a spot at the table, while her elegant game - punctuated by one of the finest one-handed backhands the sport has ever seen - drew in many fans. Henin 希望這項單反技藝不能在今日網壇中消失,她認為即便現今網壇球速越來越快, 這依然是項足以生存的利器。 『我不會說這對現今女子網球很難,因為我覺得我和 Mauresmo 在面對大小威及其他強  勁對手時就做到了。當然現今比賽越來越快。也許對年輕孩子來說,雙手反拍可以使  更多力、打起球來比較容易,因此就從雙反開始學。但之後要再改變就顯得很難或者  沒有動力。我當初是從單反開始。也許因為我是 Graf 和 Edberg 的粉絲。之後我在  技能、體能下功夫,最後我也能打出有質量的球。 』 Henin hopes her one-handed flair doesn't disappear from today's game. She insists it's still a viable shot even as the game has gotten faster. "I wouldn't say it's too hard now in the women's game because I think Amélie and I, we proved that even we were playing with Venus and Serena and many other pretty strong players, we proved it's not because of that. The game is going faster and faster, that's for sure. "It's just that when you are a young kid, it's easier to play with two hands because you have more power. You start like this. Then it's very hard to change or maybe there's no reason to change. "I started with a one-handed backhand. Maybe because I was a big fan of Steffi Graf and Stefan Edberg, maybe it's for that. I worked on this technically, physically, and finally it could be powerful." Henin 回顧她的職業生涯,她認為當初的動力是要去證明當初懷疑她的人是錯的。十歲 時媽媽帶她到法網看球,她便許願自己有一天能在羅蘭加洛斯的中央球場出賽。1997 年 青女冠軍及 2003、2005、2006、2007 年四屆女單頭銜實現了她在法網紅土的主宰力。 『來自一個小國家、長的不高不壯,我年輕時真的不被大家看好能達成目標,因為我的  目標是成為世界上最好的選手。有些人覺得我有點異想天開,但我打從心底不曾懷疑  自己的能力。我總是跟年輕朋友說:別放棄作夢、相信你的夢想、作任何能達成夢想  的事情。對我來說,「作夢」這個詞這非常重要。 』 Reflecting on her career, Henin focused on her drive to prove the doubters wrong. After her mother took her to the French Open when she was 10, Henin vowed that one day she would play on Court Philippe Chatrier. She would go on to win the junior title there in 1997 and Roland Garros would be her place of dominance for years to come, winning the title in 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2007. "Coming from a small country, not being so tall, not being so strong, like for a lot of people life hasn't been so easy to me when I was young. "Not a lot of people really believed I could reach my goal because my dream was to become the best player in the world. It became my goal. A lot of people thought I was a little bit crazy. But strongly, deeply I never really doubted about the fact that I could make it. "I always say to the young people, 'Don't stop to dream, believe in your dreams, do everything you can to reach your dreams.' It's very important. To me 'dreaming' is a word that is very important." Henin 七月將到羅德島參加引薦典禮,屆時她將走過美國最好的草地球場上。或許這對 她而言有些小辛酸─只差溫網就能完成生涯大滿貫的壯舉、2006年更和這項成就僅差一 盤、最後輸給 Mauresmo。 『我那時一直是追求完美的人,當然現在不是了。但我也視這項未完成的缺憾是好事,  所以我能接受。我為我的網球生涯付出了一切。 』 When she heads to the Newport, Rhode Island in July for the induction ceremony, Henin will walk on some of the finest grass courts in America. It's a small piece of irony given her unfulfilled quest to win Wimbledon and complete the Career Grand Slam. She may just be the best player to never complete the feat. Twice a Wimbledon finalist, she came within a set of completing the feat in 2006 when she lost to Mauresmo. "I'm the kind of person who is looking after perfection all the time, which doesn't exist for sure. But I see it as a good thing that there's something not complete in my career, so I can accept that. I gave everything I had in my career." 她的簽名球衣與白色球帽將放在紐波特的展示櫃中。這是一位在場上叱吒風雲的球員賽前 最好的偽裝,但她本人從不怯戰。 『我總是帶著我的球帽(笑),我大概是想要保護自己或讓我專注什麼的,我不知道。但  我藉此贏得所有的大滿貫。我確定這會是第一個送去博物館的物件,我想這是會讓人  們記起我來的一項物品。 』 Her signature cap sleeves and bright white cap will surely find their way into the display cases in Newport. It was a jockish look befitting a woman who regularly took the court out-gunned, yet she never shied from the battle. "I was wearing my cap all the time," Henin said with a laugh. "I needed it to maybe protect myself a little bit from a lot of things, to get focused, I don't know. But I won all my Grand Slams with it. That would be for sure the first item I would send to the museum, something that I think people will remember from me." 在 2008 年法網前一週令人措手不及的退休聲明後,Henin 於 2010 年重返賽場、一年後 因為手肘傷勢結束職業生涯。自從退休後她一直專注在她個人開設於比利時的網球學院, 並生下她的兩歲女兒 Lalie 。 After a sudden retirement announcement just weeks before the French Open in 2008, Henin returned to the game in 2010 before ending her career a year later due to an elbow injury. Since her retirement she has focused on her academy in Belgium and gave birth to her two-year old daughter, Lalie. 今年成為 Svitolina 的教練顧問後, Henin 正漸漸將重心轉回巡迴賽場上。過去和 Carlos Rodriguez 有一段成功的球員與教練關係,這段獨特而緊密的關係讓 Henin 留下深遠印象。她也打算在 Svitolina 的團隊扮演同樣的角色嗎? 『那非常不一樣。我並不是真的坐在教練位置上。我只是提供建議並分享在重要比賽上  內在與情緒的經驗給她參考。 』 無論實際成效如何,在宣布合作後, Svitolina 在杜拜打進單打四強、並在吉隆坡拿下 個人首座頭銜,排名來到生涯新高的 14 位。 『這是全然不同的關係。她已是位前二十好手,我必須尊重她過去的努力、只提供自己  的經驗和理念、告訴她能多做什麼,就協助她變得更好而已。 』 This year she's slowly dipped her foot back into tour life after signing on as a coaching consultant to Elina Svitolina. Henin was one half of one of the most famous and successful player-coach relationships in tennis, having been coached by Carlos Rodriguez for the entirety of her career. Theirs was a unique and intense partnership and one that left a lasting impression on Henin. So is she trying to bring the same dynamic to Team Svitolina? "It was very different. I'm not really in the position of the coach here. It's just like trying to give my advices and share especially also mentally and emotionally the experience of at least a couple of important matches." Whatever she's said has worked so far. Since announcing the partnership, Svitolina made the semifinals at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, won her first title of the season just last week at the BMW Malaysian Open, and is up to a career-high at No.14. "It's completely different in the way that she is Top 20 already and I have to respect what she does already and just try to share my experience and my conviction of what she can do more or give more to her game, just try to get better." 許多人認為 Henin 身處的年代是最後一個偉大的年代,有長達五年能看到許多激烈交鋒 不斷上演。Mauresmo 已在名人堂中、Clijsters想必也即將列名,而大小威更是活傳奇。 Henin 坦承很難說出是什麼讓這些好手如此特別。 『有所激勵吧,我覺得這很重要。我想和我交手及共處同一世代的女孩們都是這樣想的。  我們都看著我們尊敬的對象打球、試著從他們身上學到什麼、並得到啟發。我仍然期盼  現在的年輕好手能這樣做,因為有所激勵是重要的。  當然社會變化很大,這也可能是下一世代要面對的困難議題。太多分心事務,我不知道  我們是否能像過去一樣專注因為現在變化很快、通訊方式也變了許多。我們只能調適好  自己去適應這個世界。  所以我們需要激勵的對象。我希望新世代能從其他選手身上得到啟發,這很重要。』 Many look to Henin's era of players as the last great era, a span of five years that saw intense rivalries surface over and over again on the game's biggest stages. Mauresmo is already in the Hall of Fame. Clijsters will surely be a first ballot inductee. Serena and Venus are living legends as they continue to play on tour. Henin confessed it was difficult for her to identify what set this group apart. "Inspiration, I think, is something that is very important," she said. "I was really inspired. I think it's the same for all the girls that I played against and with in my generation. We were looking at our idols with a lot of respect. We were trying to take a lot from them and get the inspiration. I still hope that the young players now can still do it and get inspired because it is very, very important. "Probably also from the next generation, what's going to be hard is the society is changing a lot. We have a lot of distractions. I don't know if we all can be as focused as we were in the past because things are going so fast, communication is changing a lot. A lot of things are changing and we have to adapt ourselves. "Still at the end we need people to be inspired by. I hope that the new generations still get the inspiration from other players. I think it's something very important." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 1.175.180.253 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Henin/M.1457510157.A.BD4.html ※ 編輯: leetaka (1.175.180.253), 03/09/2016 16:46:37
weino17: 謝謝翻譯 很久沒看到她的消息 很想念... 03/14 21:02
justonle: 謝謝翻譯 03/17 16:23
microhard: 推 謝謝翻譯! 03/20 21:00
BrianSol: 多謝翻譯! 想念Henin 04/27 16:12