看板 NTU-Exam 關於我們 聯絡資訊
課程名稱︰個體經濟學 課程性質︰經濟系必修 課程教師︰古慧雯 開課學院:社會科學院 開課系所︰經濟學系 考試日期(年月日)︰2014/11/10 考試時限(分鐘):120 mins 是否需發放獎勵金:是 (如未明確表示,則不予發放) 試題 : (滿分 26 分) 1. The production function of a manufacturer is as follow: q = √(lk) where q denotes the output, l denotes units of labor and k denotes units of capital. The price to hire a unit of labor is $1, and the price to hire a unit of capital is $9. (a) We first consider the production in the long run when the quantity of either factor can be freely adjusted. i. (1 pt) Does the production exhibit increasing returns to scale, constant returns to scale, or decreasing returns to scale? ii. (2 pts) Please calculate the marginal rate of technical subsitution of labor for capital, MRTS≡|dk/dl|. iii. (2 pts) Please place l on the horizontal axis and k on the vertical axis, and draw the expansion path. iv. (2 pts) Please derive the long-run total cost function LRTC(q). (b) In the short run, k is fixed to be 4 units while l can be freely adjusted. i. (2 pts) Please derive the short-run total cost function SRTC(q). ii. (2 pts) At which quantity will the short-run average cost and the long-run average cost be the same? 2. A consumes only two commodities: x and y. His utility function is: u(x,y) = xy^2 Currently, the price of x, p_x, is $1, the price of y, p_y, is $2, and A's income, I, is $12. (a) (2 pts) Please derive A's Engel curve for x. (b) (1 pt) Please calculate the income elasticity for good x. (c) (2 pts) Please calculate the cross elasticity for x with respect to y. (d) (3 pts) Suppose p_y increases from $2 to $4, while p_x and I remain the same. Please calculate the substitution effect and the income effect due to this change. 3. Marijuana consumption was considered legal in country X before. The market was competitive, and every participant was a prcie-taker. The monthly market demand was: Q_d = 130-p, where Q_d is the quantity demanded. There is no production of marijuana in country X, and the drug dealer need to purchase it abroad. The amount they purchased each month depended on the price of marijuana in country X, p: Q_m = p, where Q_m is the quantity of marijuana obtained from abroad. (a) (1 pt) Find the equilibrium price of marijuana in country X. (b) Marijuana consumption is now announced illegal in country X, and customs officers will search arriving travelers for the drug. The chance that smuggled marijuana at customs will be found and confiscated is 1/3. i. (1 pt) How does the new policy affect market demand for marijuana in country X? ii. (1 pt) How does the new policy affect the relationship between Q_m and p? iii. (2 pts) Find the equilibrium price of marijuana in country X after the policy change. 4. (2 pts) In Japanese colonial Taiwan, a tenant paid a fixed amount of his crops, say 500 picul paddy, to his landlord each year. The Nationalist Government found that on average, a tenant gave half of his harvest to the landlord. (It was more (less) than one half when the harvest was poor (good).) 陳誠 considered the arrangement unfair to tenants and announced 「三七五減租」 in 1949. The government first found out the harvest of a tenant in an average year, say 1,000 picul paddy, and then stipulated that the landlord could collect only 375 pical paddy (instead of 500 pical paddy) from this tenant. Please discuss how 「三七五減租條例」 affected a tenant's incentive to work and his harvest. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 140.112.248.60 ※ 文章網址: http://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NTU-Exam/M.1416230496.A.3AA.html
hsuzchan : 已收入經濟系 =) 11/17 21:25