看板 Rockets 關於我們 聯絡資訊
What have you learned about what [James] wants in a coach, what's important to him, the kind of partnership you can have? 作為一個教練,你從鬍子身上獲得啥訊息,對他來說最重要的是啥,你跟他會有怎樣的合作 關係呢? To be successful, you have to have a very good partnership. Gotta be a partnership. Can't be coach/players. Nowadays, especially your best players but everybody, they want to be coached but also have a partnership with them. They have to understand the trust there. I was tellin' someone the other day, it's like James & I have a rope. Sometimes I'll pull to the right and he's resistant & has to go along with me a little bit and then he'll pull to the left and I'm resistant and I'll go along. Main thing, we're not dropping the rope. What I've learned, he communicates very well. He has opinions on players. He's a part of the process & should be. He knows he's in a position now where his future is what he does in the game. Not money, not fame, he has all that. He's in a spot in his life, the most important thing now is winning. Most players will tell you that early and it's not the case but if you can find guys at the right spot, I think he's there. He wants to win. I'm looking forward to getting in with him and figuring out how do we do this. He knows he has to up his defense. I'm trying to figure out can he be a playmaker? Can we do a hybrid thing? How much does he need the ball in his hands? How much does the ball move? We'll try to figure it out together. 為了成功,你必須要擁有良好的合作關係,必須是,而不能單單只是教練、球員關係。現今 ,特別是你手中最好的球員們,他們雖然想要被執教,而和他們之間也存在一種合作關係, 他們必須理解到信任。我曾告訴他人,我和鬍子之間就像共同抓住同一條繩子,有時候我會 把繩子往右邊拉,鬍子會抵抗,但他還是被我拉過來一些,然後他也會往左邊拉,我也會抵 抗,被他拉過去一些,但有一點就是我們都不會放開繩子。鬍子的表達能力非常好,他有他 的球員觀點,他是這個過程的一部分,也應該是。他知道他現在生涯這階段,他的未來取決 於他能在比賽中做到啥,不是金錢、也不是名聲,這些他都有了,最重的的是贏球。他想要 贏球,我期待與他合作,一起想出我們要如何去實踐。他知道他必須去提高他的防守,而我 會去嘗試弄清楚一些問題,他能成為playmaker嗎? 我們能把事情結合起來嗎? 他需要多少 球權? 球需要轉移多少次? 我們會一起弄清楚這些問題。 You've always loved to innovate, never afraid to fail. Some don't want to go out of their comfort zone. Do you look at James and say "His talents are unique to something I've always wanted to try or something we can do with him that wouldn't have worked with another player." Does he have your imagination? 你總是樂於創新並且從不怕失敗,某些人他們不願意從他們的舒適圈走出來。你會看著鬍子 並且對他說”你的天賦很獨特,適合完成一些我一直想要嘗試的事情,或者一些我從來沒在 其他球員身上完成過的事情。” 他身上是否擁有你所想要的願景? I think so. He's more than throw me the ball, iso, let me go one on one, and let me create a quick shot for myself. He's at the point where I think we can move him over. Now I don't know yet, and we'll experiment & talk about it, does he bring it up every time? Does that wear him out? We have to figure out his rhythm of the game. He has a nice pace. He can see the floor. He's an undervalued passer. He averaged 7-8 assists last year. I'd love to see 12-13. I'd love to see where he starts the offense and the ball maybe gets back to him but after the ball is moved around 2-3 times. We'll have to see. Not cut & dry where you have Steve Nash in, that's what he does. We'll see what we can do & what hybrid offense we can have. One thing you do know with guys like him & Kobe, they're gonna score. How can we be efficient? To his defense, he's already efficient. I don't want to screw things up. They were like 8th/9th in offensive efficiency. I want to be in the top 5 but also don't want to be 15th. I have to be careful to go away from what they were doing but add little things to move up the efficiency ranks. 我想有的,他現在更多處於這樣的狀況,把球丟給我、讓我單打、讓我自己創造一次快速投 籃。我認為我們可以讓他脫離這種狀況,現在我還不知道怎做,但我們會一起實驗、一起去 討論它,他是每次都這麼打嗎? 這會不會讓他太累? 我們必須去弄清楚他的比賽節奏。他有 不錯的節奏,他能觀察場上局勢,他是個被低估的傳球手,他上賽季場均7-8助攻,而我更 樂意看到12-13助攻。我很樂意看到他發起進攻,在球回到他手上前,或許先轉移個2-3次。 我們會看到的,我們能做些甚麼、我們能擁有怎樣的混合式進攻。有件事情大家都要知道, 就是像他以及Kobe這樣的球員就是要去得分,而要怎樣做效率才會變高? 他 已經很有效率了,而我不想把事情搞砸,他們上賽季進攻效率是8/9名,我想讓他們提升到 前5,但是不想讓他們掉到第15名,我必須要特別小心,別讓他們偏離他們上賽季所做的事 情太多,所以我只需要加入一點變化來提升他們效率就行了。 What did you learn coming from LA & NY? 你從LA NY時期學到了啥? You have to communicate more with them. I'm a little quiet in my down time. I'm thinking, they don't want to hear from me. Actually, they probably do. Be more open, talk. I needed to initiate it more and pull them closer to what I want. There was resistance in NY & LA. Didn't have the same vision I had. That created some problems. We had a lot of injuries too. I can have a vision and if we can't execute it, they won't believe in it after awhile. Injuries in LA, we could have overcome that but without Steve Nash & Steve Blake... We were spiraling out of control. Nash never came back. Blake came back. We end up 28-12, make the playoffs & got hurt again. There are things I can do differently. Whether that's a different outcome? I don't know. I'll try different approaches with James & make sure we're going down this road together. Luckily, the front office, myself have played this way. The players have the same vision. We have to tweak it but they're ok spreading the floor. Maybe Ariza maybe goes down to the four sometimes and we play that way. I had a hard time at first. Melo resisted going to the four. That was a problem. But I had Amar'e there at the four and Chandler at the five so I couldn't move Amar'e out. It's not working. It spirals out of control. There was friction. It got to the point we couldn't & didn't co-exist. Funny enough, after I resign, Amar'e gets hurt and they move Melo to the four. They exploded. We don't have a bad relationship but I had one vision, he wanted to go the other way. I couldn't get him to my way and then injuries and we weren't winning complicated everything. 你必須要跟他們多些溝通,在那段期間我有點太沉默了,我一直認為他們根本不想聽我的, 事實上他們可能真的是這樣。要更敞開、更多對話,我需要更多拋磚引玉,並且把他們拉到 更靠近我想要的道路上。在LA&NY時期有些阻力,就是我們之間沒有相同的願景,一些問題 產生了,出現大量的傷病,我本來能夠克服,但我們失去了Steve Nash & Steve Blake... 情況開始失控,Nash再也沒回來過,Blake回來了,最後28-12收官,打進了季後賽,然後又 再一次被打爆。或許那時候某些事情我可以用不同方式處裡,所以結局就會變得不一樣? 我 不知道。我將會採取不一樣的方式和鬍子合作,以確保我們走在相同的道路上。幸運的是, 這裡的管理層以及我自己都已經打過相同的打法了,而這裡的球員也擁有相同的想法,我們 必須扭轉局面,但是必須確保他們有一定的場上拉開空間能力,也許有時候會讓Ariza打4號 ,我們就是要那樣打。起初我遭遇到的困境是,Melo不願意去打4號,這就是一個問題了, 而我又擁有4號位的Amare,5號位Chandler,我也不能直接把Amare踢掉,這根本行不通,然 後局勢失控,產生摩擦,變成不能共存、也沒有共存過。可笑的是我離職後,Amare受傷、 他們把Melo拉去打4號,然後他們爆發了。我們之間的關係沒有很糟,但是我有一個想法, 而他希望走另外一條路,我也沒辦法讓他按照我的想法走,然後傷病爆發了,我們啥都沒有 贏得。 Linsanity run. How much resentment from Carmelo or other players that lingered? 當林來瘋爆發,有多少不滿情緒是來自於Carmelo或者是其他球員呢? I have a hard time saying how much because I'm not in their mind. 這我也很難說,因為我沒辦法得知他們心裡在想啥。 Did you sense it? 那你有感覺到嗎? There's an undercurrent to every team. It was there. It's real. Problem we had, for Jeremy to be really good, he had to play a certain way. It was hard for him to adapt. Amar'e, Melo whatever had their certain way to be really good. They could co-exist if Melo went to the four and Amar'e was a backup to Tyson. Neither wanted to do that. We could see how to go and I didn't know how to get there. With losing again, you're trying to prod them with all the coach speak. Communication deteriorated. Then you would see faces of the guys who went through Linsanity. They can see what we can do. We're not doing it. 這種潛在的不滿情緒在每支球隊都會發生,這是真的。當初我們碰到的問題就是,對於林書 豪來說,他要打得非常好就必須按照某種方式打球,無論是Amare、Melo,還是誰都一樣, 都有各自方式才能達到最佳。他們是可以共存的,拉Melo去打4號,Amare打Tyson替補,而 他們倆都不想這麼做,所以最後我們可以看到事情是如何發展的,而我也不知道要怎麼做才 能達到目標,隨著一再的輸球,你一直嘗試著用所有的coach speak來督促他們,溝通惡化 了,然後你可以看到經歷過林來瘋的那些人的臉,他們可以看到我們究竟能完成啥事,而我 們卻沒有去做。 Did you feel at the time you resigned that if I'm gonna continue to coach NY, I'm gonna compromise myself and I'm not gonna compromise myself? Is that what it came down to? 當時你有沒有這樣覺得,若繼續執教NY就是對自己妥協? 事情還會是一樣的結果嗎? It did. I didn't see a way out. Because of where it was, if I step back and let you guys go, then the focus will be on the something else other than me and the focus will be on the right place. They'll have to play harder & take responsibility because I'm not there. Woody more or less did what we did. I thought if they can get a pop and if we get a pop, we can make the playoffs. We were good enough to make the playoffs. I thought it was the right thing to do for the organization. Relationships deteriorated where I couldn't get the most out of people. Take me away and they'll up their game. 結果就是如此,我看不見出路,因為若我退出了,那麼焦點就會從我身上移開,轉移到正確 的事情上,他們會打得更認真、更有責任,因為我已經不再那了。Woody或多或少都是在做 我們曾經做過的事情,我們能打進季後賽,我們絕對足夠優秀來進季後賽,我那時認為有一 件正確的事情可以為球團做,我和球員關係已經惡化,我已不得人心,把我搬開,那麼他們 就會認真打球。 Phoenix, a young Amar'e, Marion, when you signed Nash, what did you think you were getting? It started the year before. Experimenting a little bit. I wanted to play different. Marion at the four, Amar'e at the five. We had a nice team. I remember other coaches I respect were against this. They thought I would destroy Marion's career at the four and Amar'e would get killed. I tried it & liked it. I didn't insist on it. Then the next year, Nash is available. We knew he was good & would help. We didn't know the NBA would change rules & they did. We didn't know at age 30, ...I've heard different opinions, Dallas did not really offer him a contract. When they did, I heard they gave him one last chance to...if we have to offer him one, we'll give him $27. We're offering $66. That wasn't gonna fly. So we got him. We can figure this out. This is where the Colangelo's are great. You got Nash, these guys, how are you gonna play? I'm going back & forth and not sure. Jerry & Bryan said play the guys you want to and play the way you want, don't deviate. That just gave me a license...I hadn't won in the NBA yet. They said do it. I said we're doing it. I got lucky. When we started, we thought we could sneak in the 8th seed. We start off the season, the method we were doing, on and on, we start 31-4. We're at halftime, we're giggling because we're up 20 everyday. Are you kiddin' me? I walked into Bryan's office & we start laughing. We didn't think we would be this good. We were killing people. Then Nash & Barbosa go down with injuries, we lose 6 in a row and then start winning again. We ended up with 62 wins, easily could have won 66 games if healthy. So a little luck, a little Dallas underestimating Steve. 在剛開始的時候,正在做點一些小實驗,讓Marion打4號,Amare打5號,我們擁有一支不錯 的團隊,我還記得,有些我很尊敬的教練們,他們非常抗拒這樣的做法,他們認為我這樣會 毀了Marion生涯,讓Amare被謀殺。我開始嘗試,我也蠻喜歡,但我沒有很堅持,然後隔一 年,Nash變成自由球員,我們都知道他很棒、可以帶來幫助,當時我們還不知道NBA會改變 規則,也不知道30歲球員是…. 我聽到很多意見,Dallas並沒有真的提供給他一份合約,他 們只提供給他最後一次機會要…. 若說我們必須要提一份合約的話,我們會開27m,然而我 們開了66m,我們得到他了。當你擁有了Nash及一票球員,你要怎麼打呢? 我反覆琢磨、不 確定,Jerry & Bryan卻說,你就照你想要做的去使用這些球員吧,別偏離了,這給我了權 限,當時我在NBA還沒有打出成績,他們讓我放手去做,我很幸運。一開始時,我們認為我 們可能拿到老八,我們從休賽期開始準備,打出31-4開局,我們從沒想過我們會如此棒,然 後Nash & Barbosa傷了,我們連敗6場,接著又開始贏球了,最後以62勝結束賽季,若那時 候健康的話,我們可以很輕鬆地達到66勝,這有些幸運,也有些拜Dallas低估Steve所賜。 End in Phoenix, you & Kerr have looked back and reflected on it. Do you look back at the Suns and say we could have kept going with it or did it reach the end of the line? We could have made it work. We did have a bump here & there. It got old. We tried, we tried, we tried. Traded for Shaq and went away from... We got to a point, we didn't have any success that you could win a championship that way. Everyone said you can't. I don't know if we believed in it 1000%. Maybe 800%. We just got to a point where I'm tired. Tried to get over the hump, couldn't get over the hump. Some friction happened. We changed courses. If I had the analytic stuff we have now, knowing this is the right way to go, we would have kept going and tinkered some place else. It was Duncan in the way. It wasn't what we were doing. It's the "Do we need to adjust to who they are or keep doing what we're doing?" That's the question. Sometimes you blink. You believed in your vision stronger than him? Was that the push/pull between you & Steve? Could have been. I lost my cockiness. You go the fourth year, it felt stale. It felt like we won't get over the hump. You think Shaq is the piece - the guy to guard the rim. We needed that. Nothing against Amar'e, couldn't quite guard the rim as we needed it. So I'm thinking, maybe we can and we couldn't. It was better I moved on. It was the right time to do it. Stale, friction, let's go to NY. Know what I shouldn't have done? Leave Steve Nash. That's life & you learn from it. Before the Knicks, you talked with the Bulls. Were you hoping you had a Bulls offer in hand or do you still think you're taking the Knicks job? I probably would have taken the Chicago job. The team was better in Chicago. Donnie Walsh told me we have two years of losing and then the big free agency. I'm cocky as a coach, thinking we'll hopefully make the playoffs and we'll be okay. Chicago was set up. When I go, I've already signed, they do get the #1 pick & Derrick Rose. My time in NY was great. When they say 2 years, we'll get into that big FA class in 2010, 2 years of taking our lumps, do you misjudge...then you're star gets tarnished. He can't coach without Nash. No, we've gutted it. Then when those FAs come, I can't pick a losing program. Is that what you were up against? A whole lot. Looking back, Miami, at the same time, won and then gutted it right before free agency and got three guys. They had the one. You didn't. That makes it hard. Teams have learned since then. "They'll come to NY or LA, just tell them." You can be a world figure from anywhere. It's nice but it's not important anymore. We shot ourselves in the foot. You learn from it. You can never re-create anything. You want to win in Houston but if this is your last coaching job, what do you want to happen short of winning that will make you be at peace with how it goes that you didn't have in NY or LA? Relationships always are at the top of my list. You get a feeling. We have to be relevant. We can overachieve. We can be better than people think. If so, that's successful. To make James a MVP type player, which he was already but to get him over the hump there. Develop players like Capela, who has big upside. Can we make him a NBA star? Can we get the best out of Beverley? Then I'm satisfied. It is what it is. Don't win a title, you'll get killed. I'm ok with that. As long as I'm doing my job the right way & players like me(respect me), I can live with the results. 我依然會把人際關係擺在第一位,我們可以超額完成一些事情,我們可以變得比人們想像中 的還要更好,如果這些都發生了,那就是成功了。讓鬍子成為MVP等級的球員,他曾做到過 ,但還要幫助他跨過某些障礙,培養一些球員例如Capela,他天賦很高,我們能讓他成為一 位NBA明星球員嗎? 我們能讓Beverley打出最棒的狀態嗎? 然後這樣我就會滿足,事情就是 這樣。別只想著拿冠軍,這會殺死你自己,這我能接受的(無冠)。只要我能用正確的方式來 做我的工作,球員們也都喜歡我(尊重我),那我可以接受任何結果。 Do you feel now that criticism bothers you less? I have a harder shell for sure. You stick to what you do. I get snarly & cute. Pop can say it. I do have a smart mouth sometimes. Got myself in trouble in Phoenix, especially on the defensive end. I get criticized for not caring about defense. Every coach cares about defense. I know the reason we didn't win a title is because we weren't great defensively. We tried to but didn't. Snide remarks I can get better at but I am who I am and am comfortable in my skin. They pay us a lot of money. It's a great job. Take the criticism, be a big boy and hang in there and do your job and understand that's part of it. 這是CF網友自己節錄下來的,原文實在是太長了 翻到一半才發現,超過一半跟火箭無關,全都在說drama 所以就不翻了 不過可以藉此了解MDA是個啥樣的人,有些自負、有些白目… 不過他的想法確實很超前,這點不能否認 他會選擇火箭我其實也不太感到意外 他大可選擇在76人繼續陪公子練球 原因大概就是執教障礙相比前東家少了蠻多 1.自從阿力接管火箭,所有總教練至少都活過4年,老闆也很摳不會隨便換 2.火箭實施現在這樣的快節奏打法(三分、上籃、罰球)行之有年,而且老闆跟莫雷都很堅持 ,契合MDA想要的打法 3.火箭大牌只剩一個鬍子,沒有像NY LA有N巨頭需要協調,而且角色球員很樂意接受位置調 整,對於Ariza打4號、鬍子打3號已經習以為常 4.最重要的發動機,火箭已經有現成了,鬍子打playmaker已經行之有年了,相比Kobe、 Melo轉型陣痛期應該會比較少,而且他曾在OKC打出接近180俱樂部的高效率,我認為他可以 做提高效率,他需要調整他的比賽節奏 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 124.8.73.149 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Rockets/M.1468507291.A.70F.html ※ 編輯: JCrawford (124.8.73.149), 07/14/2016 22:42:29
yiyi7443 : 推 感謝翻譯 07/14 23:02
yiyi7443 : 談offensive efficiency那段 To his defense應該是 07/14 23:03
nonavailable: 推辛苦翻譯 07/14 23:03
yiyi7443 : "替鬍子辯護/說公道話"的意思 跟防守無關 07/14 23:04
featherof : 用心推! 07/14 23:04
yiyi7443 : 原文真的很長 我也只看了跟火箭和鬍子有關的部份 07/14 23:06
Aggro : 真心希望小鬍子能再次讓聯盟沸騰阿:3 07/14 23:07
JCrawford : 我看得眼睛都花了.. 07/14 23:07
※ 編輯: JCrawford (124.8.73.149), 07/14/2016 23:08:34
Aggro : 我一直覺得火箭現在的打法和料 MDA找不到第二個更好 07/14 23:10
Aggro : 的地方了 這次打不出來真的就沒藉口 07/14 23:10
liafree : 這次沒有湖人跟尼克的問題 07/15 00:23