看板 SENIORHIGH 關於我們 聯絡資訊
既然作者有說打算自己翻譯成中文,我就大概翻譯一下 沒有一句一句翻,就取大概文意 有錯請指正 ※ 引述《backpacker18 (犀牛好可愛)》之銘言: : 引用原文 : 「 : To the MUN community. : First, right off the bat, I’m stating that I respect each and everyone’s opi : nions. I also understand that we all see things in a different limelight- ther : efore I’m writing this to express mine. Hope that others will treat me with t : he same amount of respect, but also feel free to share your opinions in a “di : plomatic courtesy”. (Also, yes. I’m writing this in english, because it’s t : he language I’m most comfortable using. Not because I’m a “Western wannabe : ”, believe it or not. Though I’m contemplating posting a Mandarin version... : ) 致模聯成員們: 先說我尊重任何人的意見,每個人的觀點不同,因此我在這邊表達我的立場 希望你們可以理解,也歡迎大家表達自己的看法。 (用英文只是因為我比較習慣,不是崇洋) : 1. Regarding how “MUN is now only a rich man’s game”. : If you’re going to be complaining about the ridiculous prices of some confere : nces, please, um, don’t when you’ve CHOSEN to go to those conferences. Yes, : I agree. There are some conferences that I would really like to go to, but, un : fortunately, they are overpriced. Now, idk why they’ve come to be this expens : ive or wth they are doing with the money, but, here’s a thing: don’t choose : to go to them. Pretty simple, right? You can find conferences ranging from 200 : NT to 6000+ NT. Why not choose going to the cheaper ones? It’ll save you a l : ot of saliva and typing. Who knows, maybe if lesser people are going to expens : ive conferences they’ll end up lowering the price (? 關於「模聯」只是有錢人的遊戲: 如果你要抱怨這些貴鬆鬆的費用,拜託不要等到都參加了才靠腰 我承認,裡面真的有很多討論會我真的很想去,但價格都超貴 我真的不知道為啥價格會這麼高,這些錢到底用在哪 但是有個解決方法:不要參加就好了 你可以在模聯裡找到一場200到一場6000的討論會 幹嘛不去便宜的就好了? 如果大家都願意擠去6000元一場的,搞不好以後200元一場的就不開了 : 2. Regarding how “MUN is only for people who are good at English”. : Here’s the thing: there are so many aspects to MUN. It’s not just about how : good your english is, it’s also about articulating your thoughts, approaching : people with diplomatic courtesy, thinking critically, putting yourself in dif : ferent POVs...etc. However, I’ll admit that people with better english can ac : hieve all these easier in an ENGLISH conference. And vice versa, in a CHINESE : conference. If I attended a conference in Chinese, tbh I don’t think I’ll be : able to perform as well compared to English conferences. Yes, I’ll still hav : e my own critical thinking intact, but it’s merely just because I’m (1) not : confident enough in using it and (2) I’m not as fluent in it compared to my E : nglish. Nowadays, practically every conference has at least one chinese commit : tee. It’s a CHOICE. I don’t think being good in english is something to brag : about, and vice versa with chinese, too. Just because a person speaks english : well, doesn’t mean that they have anything in their brains to offer. 關於「模聯是給英文好的人玩的」: 事實上關於模聯有各種不同的觀點 不是英文好就好,需要清晰闡明你的思想、學習以外交禮儀待人 以不同觀點來思考問題 但我承認英文好的人在英文會議裡比較吃香 反之,中文好的人在中文會議也比較吃香啊 老實說對於中文會議我的表現可能就不會跟在英文會議一樣好 因為對於講中文我比較沒自信,相較於英文也比較不流利 但是,實際上現在每場會議都幾乎至少會有一個中國人 語言不是問題,不會因為某人英文比較好就代表他表達的內容比較有料 : 3. Regarding “Westernization”. : I honestly think that the people that are making a fuss about this are childis : h and have not taken anything from MUN at all. If some people want to speak mo : re “western” or act more “western”, LET THEM BE. Honestly, is it hurting y : ou? Is it hurting your cat? Your dog? The environment? The world? No. Some peo : ple might just respect more cultures more than others. What about 韓流 or 日流 : or whatever- 流?I don’t see anything wrong with that. And regarding people : who think westernization equals international. First off, westernization does : not equal to international. Take Donald Trump for example. Enough said. 關於「西化」: 一堆人對於那些崇洋的人都覺得幼稚 我真心希望這些人最好是沒從模聯中得到任何東西 有人哈洋,想講話或行動都像外國人一樣,就讓他去啊 人家要幹嘛是會少你一塊肉? 這跟哈韓或哈日有什麼不一樣? 再來,西化也不代表國際化啊,看看川普就知道了 : 4. Regarding how “some delegates just follow around delegates that are more w : ell-spoken”. : It’s true that this happens a lot. But I think that everyone’s abilities and : experiences with MUN are different. Some might be less experience, therefore : they’d naturally want to latch onto an experienced delegate that makes them f : eel more at ease or someone they think can guide them. Thinking back at when I : first started MUN as a 7th grader, it was something I was guilty of, too. And : I think a lot of people will experience when first starting out. Just because : now you get BDs all the time or you’re a bloc leader or you get offers to ch : air doesn’t mean that you are in any way better than them. Instead of posting : on FB and complaining about this, why not actually approach those certain del : egates and ask why they’ve chosen to join a certain bloc or give some encoura : gement? You could even yield some time to them. All of us were beginners at fi : rst. How high of a pedestal do you put yourself on that you’d actually discri : minate or dislike the delegates that are doing the things you previously did? 關於「有些參加者只敢跟隨那些表現好的參加者」: 這是真的,還很多,但本來每個人參加的經驗都是不同的 有些人就比較菜逼八,自然就會想躲在有經驗的人的後面 當我七年級第一次參加模聯,我也是這樣 但是越參加就越有經驗 在模聯裡,就算你是商業大佬也不一定會表現比別人好 與其在臉書發文抱怨 為啥不自己去接近這些人,學習他們的經驗、得到一些建議? 不用太自視甚高,太過抬舉自己 : 5. Regarding how “MUN is not about the academics anymore”. : I agree. Completely. It’s not just about the academics. It’s about how profe : ssional the conference room is. If the social event is “dope” enough. If the : guys/girls in your committee are hot. If the page notes they give you are cut : e. If you meet new friends. If you meet old friends. If you get a t-shirt. If : you make unforgettable memories. If the food there is good. If you spent a lon : g time researching and preparing. If it’ll look good on your college applicat : ion form. If you improved from your last conference. If the photographers take : good photos that make you look taller than you actually are (Is this one just : me? Kay.). What I’m trying to say is- everyone sees MUN differently, and eve : ryone attends MUN for different reasons. Some might see the importance in acad : emics, some might not. If you really want to attend a conference with impressi : onable academics, ask a friends for some reviews or do some research. I’m pre : tty sure if you’ve been in the MUN community long enough, you already have a : basic impression on most conferences. Regardless of people’s motives for atte : nding MUN, we should just respect each other. At the end of the day, it’s the : ir money, not yours. 關於「模聯並不是種學術」: 我完全同意。因為它並不只是學術。 每個人參加的理由都不一樣 有人就是想來認識帥哥正妹、交朋友、拿紀念品、留下回憶 想讓自己的履歷好看點、或是想追求進步、或只是覺得這裡的攝影是把你拍的很帥 每個人覺得參加的意義都不一樣啊 如果你是想來模聯得到學術上的經驗,建議你還是多想一下或問問朋友再來 不管你的動機是什麼,我們都給予尊重,只是還是要收錢就是了呵呵 : Lastly, some people might disagree with me or think that I’m just naive or wh : atever. But coming from a fairly young MUNer that started out in 7th grade and : is now a rising 10th grader, I think that all the so-called problems are self : -inflicted. We all have a part in why the MUN society in Taiwan has become thi : s way. I admit that sometimes I’m very under-prepared or I use English as an : advantage in conferences. Therefore, what I’m just trying to say is: : Don’t bitch about it if you are one of the causes of these so-called problems : - start by changing yourself first . 」 這段沒啥特殊意義,就不翻了 : 這是一個模聯社的副社長寫的 : 本人看完雖也有些微詞,但自己本身也沒參加過模聯,不太好做評論 : 想請問板上參加過模聯的大大給點意見,自己參加過的模聯是否像她說的這樣? : 原文網址 : https://m.facebook.com/notes/sidney-khoe/to-the-mun-community/724375747703428/ : 英文頗多抱歉惹 : 不習慣看英文的也可以趁機會練閱讀(? 其實看完我不覺得有揭穿啥黑暗面啊 反倒是藉由承認一些缺點來襯托他們自己 推文是不是沒有認真看就直接回啊 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 140.112.218.120 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/SENIORHIGH/M.1472009629.A.1AC.html ※ 編輯: hsnuoscar (140.112.218.120), 08/24/2016 11:35:17
steak353 : 感謝翻譯XD 08/24 11:56
david0426 : 英文苦手推 08/24 12:15
cuteeQiao : 在來到高中板前我完全沒聽過模聯欸 第一次聽到還想 08/24 12:26
cuteeQiao : 說: 這什麼東西??? 嗚嗚我窮人QQ 08/24 12:26
abj6x96 : 看到報名花很多錢真的很有感啊...... 08/24 13:38
chuntien : 敏感議題不碰就覺得這團體跟現實國際社會一樣假掰 08/24 15:48
chuntien : 讚讚 08/24 15:48
gammablue : 第二段應該是說大家都不去貴的的話,最後可能會降 08/24 17:06
gammablue : 價 08/24 17:06
backpacker18: 推翻譯 08/24 22:20
backpacker18: 原po好像刪文囉 08/24 22:36
aksgstln2318: 第二段那邊是說大家都不去2000的搞不好貴的會降價 08/24 23:00