看板 TOEFL_iBT 關於我們 聯絡資訊
<< 精典題>> Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to relax is to spend time alone. << 論點解析>> << alone >> freedom / no need to worry about others' concern high efficiency / no need to coordinate with others peace of mind problem solving take a trip / take exercise / dine out at a nice restaurant << not alone >> problem solving take a trip / take exercise / dine out at a nice restaurant social animals / creatures share feelings exchange ideas ================================================== relax 的同義表達法: unwind escape from my hectic life unbend snatch a moment of leisure (偷得浮生半日閒) relieve pressure / stress take a rest / break ================================================== << 參考答案>> Without a doubt, people in modern society suffer great pressure caused by the fast-paced life and are thus urgent to loosen their pent-up stress by means of relaxing. Spending time alone can achieve that goal, but in my viewpoint, the most ideal way to feel at ease is to spend time with family and friends. To start with, chatting with family members renders one relaxed. For example, I myself am fond of talking to my parents. After dinner, we usually lie comfortably on the sofa watching comedies. Besides laughing out loud, we share with one another something interesting which has happened during the day. Also, if any one of us has difficulties in study or work, we will exchange our ideas, trying to offer our help. That makes me feel relieved since there is always someone supporting me. Hence, the time spent with my family is pleasant as well as relaxing. In addition, when it comes to wiping out the unpleasant feelings of the hectic life, friends must be mentioned. I deeply believe that playing sports with friends is the most efficient formula for relaxation. After a hard-working day, I take a fancy to playing basketball with my friends. I enjoy sweating , shouting, and laughing with them. Without any pressure, we play with abandon. Accordingly, the time spent with friends helps me not only become less tense but regain the lost happiness of childhood. Furthermore, humans are social creatures. Life will not be complete without companionship. Take for instance my high school classmate Oscar, who tended to be solitary then. During breaks he always walked alone, listening to music with headphones, never uttering a word. He seemed indulged in his world of happiness. However, he was just confined to his own world, and we classmates secretly dubbed him "loner." Not until graduation did he realize how lonely he was. Nevertheless, it is just too late. As a consequence, it was being alone that led him to be lonesome. As has been noted above, I hold a negative attitude toward the statement. It may be true that spending time alone can assist one in sitting back and secure more privacy. Yet companionship of others is what I value most and the best method to make one relax. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 220.133.115.115 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/TOEFL_iBT/M.1439965432.A.3AE.html
Mydick: "Spending time alone can achieve that goal."這句話語意 08/19 16:50
Mydick: 主詞完全錯誤,是嚴重中式英文 02/17 13:54
Mydick: 問題,祈改進切勿造成學習者錯誤認知。 02/17 13:55
Mydick: 同理開頭第一句&thus urgent...以人為主詞也造成語意錯誤 02/17 13:59