看板 UTAH-JAZZ 關於我們 聯絡資訊
標題打不完 那個掏空陣容的交易對留下來的爵士球員造成了騷動 The plucky, fun, overachieving team had its heart ripped out less than an hour before tipoff Wednesday night. The players still here are now balancing sadness for those gone with the need to move on. 這隻勇敢、有趣且超出期待的隊伍,在週三晚上開打前的不到一個小時內心被撕裂。 這些還在的球員現在正在為那些已經走掉的球員的難過,以及必須要放下這一切找出 平衡中。 Feb. 10, 2023, 1:13 a.m.| Updated: 6:28 a.m. The impending NBA trade deadline had clearly been weighing on many of the Utah Jazz’s players over the past few days. 顯然最近這幾天,在爵士球員心裡,快要到的 NBA交易大限對他們造成了很多 焦慮不安。 “I mean, if you haven’t noticed, there’s been a cloud hanging over us for a little while,” Rudy Gay said late Wednesday night. Gay週三晚上說:「我指得是,如果你還沒發現的話,我們上面最近有一朵雲一直 飄在上面。」 And when the Jazz swung a three-team trade that shipped out four of their players an hour before tipoff against Minnesota — including beloved locker room leader Mike Conley — that cloud became a downpour. 而當爵士展開了那個三隊交易,那個送出了四個球員的(包含休息室領袖Conley)的 那個對明尼蘇達開打前一個小時的交易的時候,這朵雲就直接變成暴雨了。 Those who remained played a mostly lifeless, shellshocked game, which resulted in a 143-118 loss to a Wolves team that was no less short-handed but apparently far less dispirited. 那些還在的球員打了一場幾乎是了無生氣,被炸過的比賽(按:其實上半場還好) 最後是個143比118的大比分落敗給一樣也是缺人手,但顯然沒有那麼沮喪的灰狼。 Postgame, in the locker room, with whatever game-time adrenaline they had mustered now worn off and the reality of an immediate future sans Conley, Malik Beasley, Jarred Vanderbilt, and Nickeil Alexander-Walker setting in, the vibes were less than immaculate. 賽後,在休息室裡面,在不管怎樣比賽的腎上腺素退去,要面對馬上就一定要面對的 四位球員:Conley、Beasley、Vandy還有NAW都離開了,整個氣氛顯然是不可能完美的。 The plucky, fun, overachieving team had just been gutted. And even if they all were all fully expecting something to happen, perhaps even knew on some level that something was going to happen, they nevertheless all appeared thoroughly unprepared for it when it did. 這個勇敢的、有趣的且超乎預期的球隊被整個掏空了。而就算他們一整的都預期這樣 的事情會發生,他們無論如何都看起來在真正事情發生的時候,完全沒有準備的樣子。 Rookie center Walker Kessler, experiencing his first NBA trade deadline, was visibly shaken postgame. The normally gregarious 21-year-old gave perhaps his shortest interview of the season, though arguably his most emotional. 菜鳥中鋒 Kessler,是第一次遇到交易大限,他是用眼睛就看得出來的被影響了。 這位一般而言都侃侃而談的21歲小將的訪問可能是本季最短,即便可能是最被情緒 影響的一次。 “They’re all great guys, and you get close with them, but it’s the NBA, so I understand,” he said. “… You know trades are a legitimate thing, but to go through it … I’m a very empathetic person, so you feel for them. But I’ m not calling anybody out or saying anything was done wrong, because it’s part of the business, but it’s definitely a hard thing to go through.” 「他們都是好人,而且你是跟他們很接近,不過這就是 NBA,所以我了解」他說。 「你知道交易是個很正常的事情,不過當你真的要經歷這件事的時候,....我是個非常 感性的人,所以你對他們會有感情。我沒有說有人做錯或怎樣批評,因為這就是 生意的一部分,不過這當然是很難承受的事情。」 Kessler’s youth was undoubtedly a factor in his visceral reaction. Then again, Gay, the most grizzled player on the team, was equally shaken by both the departure of his close personal friend, and the sudden bottoming out of the roster. Kessler的年紀當然毋庸置疑的是他發自內心的反應的因素之一。再一次,Gay身為 對上最資深的球員,一樣對於兩件事感到心裡一震:他的好朋友離開,還有整個 球隊陣容被掏空。 “It’s a tough one because Mike is somebody I’ve known for 20 years — that ’s not gonna go anywhere, but …” he said, trailing off. “He’s the guy who got everything together. … I think everybody was thrown off a little bit. He’s been the guy that’s kept me sane for the past year and a half.” 「對我來說很難受,因為 Mike 是我認識 20 年的朋友了,這件事不會離開,但..」 他越講越小聲。「他是那種把大家都兜起來的人,..我想每個人都有點分心了。 他是那個讓我這一年半可以繼續下去的人。」 The Jazz wound up not making any additional moves before Thursday’s 1 p.m. MT trade deadline. But Wednesday’s trade — in which the Jazz acquired former MVP and current Sixth Man of the Year frontrunner Russell Westbrook, forward Juan Toscano-Anderson, center Damian Jones, and a top-four-protected 2027 first-round pick from the Lakers — was impactful enough. 最後爵士在中午一點的交易大限沒有在做出什麼交易。不過週三的那個,爵士弄來 了前MVP與當前的最佳第六人熱門人選西河,Juan Toscano-Anderson以及中鋒 Damian Jones,還有2027年前四保護的湖人選秀全,就已經夠震撼的了。 Jordan Clarkson, now the team’s longest-tenured player, and Conley’s backcourt mate in the starting lineup this season was recalling some of their best moments from their four years together — bonding in the Orlando bubble a few months into the COVID-19 pandemic, helping the Jazz to the best record in the NBA. 作為現在爵士待最久的球員的 Clarkson,同時也是Conley的後場先發搭檔,在回憶 包含了在奧蘭多爵士打出了例行賽最佳戰績的那個因為 COVID-19而出現的泡泡球季。 He’s been traded a few times himself, he knows the business component of the league. That doesn’t make it any easier, though, when a guy who’s not only a crucial component of the roster but also one of your good friends is suddenly not there anymore. 他自己也被交易很多次,他知道聯盟生意歸生意的那個部份。不過這也沒有讓他比較好 過就是了,當一個人不只是陣容中很重要的一部分,同時也是好朋友的就這樣不在身邊 的時候。 “It’s definitely tough losing a guy like Mike — that leader, great point guard, the guy that makes everybody’s life easier on the court, and his energy off the court and what he brings to the team, a guy who was never down, I never thought he had a bad day, a guy who just took everybody for who they were. It’s a big loss,” said Clarkson. “… The guy was like Yoda, honestly. He had so many stories and had an enlightened [sense] about him that you’d just listen to him. … Those things, you don’t take for granted in this league, especially how he was as a person.” 「失去像 Mike 這樣的人當然是非常難受的,領導者、好的控衛,那個讓每個人都 變得更輕鬆的球員,還有他在場下的活力、他帶給球隊的一切,他從來不喪氣、 我從來不認為他有難受的日子,一個能夠接受每個人自我的人。這是個很大的損失。」 Clarkson說。「...他就像猶達大師,老實說。他有好多好多的故事,而且都是看透的 那種,你就會聽他的。...那些東西,你不會把這些事情當作理所當然,特別是因為 他這個人的關係。」 The timing of the deal coming as close as it did to tipoff was all the more jarring. Just a short time before, with the trade rumored but not yet official, coach Will Hardy had spoken of trying to create an atmosphere of normalcy, of trying to get players to buy in to the idea that it was just another average, ordinary day with one of 82 games on the schedule about to take place. Having one starter, two rotation guys, and a deep bench player suddenly pulled for “personal reasons,” as it appeared on the updated injury report, quickly scuttled that notion. 這麼接近比賽開打的教義讓這一切更難受。 就在一下子之前,有很多交易的傳言但還沒確定的時候,Hardy教練試著要說話並 創造一個正常的氛圍,一個想要讓大家能夠認為這就是只是另一場聯盟82場比賽 之一另一場比賽的想法。 不過當你看到一個先發,兩個常上場的,一個板凳末端的人被寫成「個人因素」而 被拉下來丟進不上場名單,顯然這種想法就被打爆了。 “I came back from my [pregame] shooting time, and those guys were in street clothes, so I kinda figured something happened,” said All-Star forward Lauri Markkanen. “… It’s crazy. It’s part of the NBA — we all understand that. I’ve had teammates get traded after the pregame meeting, even closer to the game. It’s always tough, you’re not gonna get used to it. It’s the human side. … The human part kicks in.” 「我從賽前隨便投籃時間回來,這些人都穿著便服,我大概就知道有些事情要發生了。」 明星球員馬坎南說。「有點瘋狂,這就是 NBA的一部分,我們都了解。我有隊友在 賽前會議之後才被交易,更接近開賽。這一直以來都很難受,你不會適應的。這是 人性,人性這時候就跑進來了。」 Talen Horton-Tucker, already a fourth-year vet despite being just 22 years old, found himself balancing absolute shock and also, somehow, the total normalcy of just another component of life as a professional basketball player. THT,雖然才22歲但已經在聯盟第四年了,發現他在(努力的)平衡完全的驚嚇, 還有就只是一個職業籃球員的日常而已。 “It was surprising, but it’s the NBA, so you’ve got to be ready for any situation. But getting close to guys, it’s always going to be hard,” he said. “We all dapped up, said our goodbyes to each other. I told Mike ‘I appreciate you’ for the type of person he is, being really open with the younger guys and teaching them, being a super-vet.” 「這讓人很訝異,不過這就是 NBA,你必須要在任何狀況下準備好。不過在他們附近 ,事情總是更難以接受。」他說「我們都碰拳,互相說再見」我告訴Mike「我欣賞你, 對於你的人也好,對於我們年輕球員完全敞開心胸而且教導他們,作為一個很棒 的老將。」 Gay, meanwhile, was trying to convey the weight of experiencing the trade deadline to those asking him about it, and effectively concluded that the average person simply couldn’t ever properly appreciate the gravity of the experience. Gay在此時,試著要對那些問他的球員們傳達交易大限的重量的經驗,並且有效的 做出一般人並沒辦法簡單處理這種經驗的嚴重性。 “I really, honestly don’t think y’all understand how hard it is. I don’t think any of you guys are moving your families,” he said. “It’s definitely tough. It is something we signed up for and it’s part of the league. [But] that’s more what we’re worried about — people as people.” 「我真的,不認為你們了解這有多困難。我不信你們會把整家拔起來搬走。」他說。 「這真的很難,這是簽約的時候就會知道的事情,這是聯盟的一部分。(不過) 這就是我們更擔憂的:人就是人。」 Now, those who remain will turn their attention to trying to carry on. 現在,這些留下來的人必須要將注意力轉開然後繼續下去。 A few of them put on a brave face and spoke rationally about keeping on keeping on. 有些球員把他們勇敢的臉裝扮起來,並且理性的說出繼續繼續繼續這種話。 Markkanen noted that while it was tough to be in the locker room just then, because they all missed the “great dudes” now gone, there would be an emphasis on getting things figured out: “I still like our group of guys. We can get a lot better with this team — I believe that this team can do big things.” 馬坎南提及即便在休息室裡面很難過,因為他們都想念那些已經離開的「好人」。 在當中仍然有認為要好好處理現在的狀況的努力:「我還是喜歡我們這群人。 我們還是可以把這一隊弄起來,我相信這對可以做出大事。」 Clarkson, meanwhile, insisted that the team’s existing imperatives would not change, even if the personnel did. The Jazz will continue to focus on, “ Building good habits, trying to compete still, trying to win games. … I don’ t look at this game tonight as doing justice on what’s going to happen in terms of us competing and trying to win.” 同時,Clarkson堅持這隊急迫需要的仍然不會改變,即便人變了。爵士仍然繼續要 聚焦於「建立好的習慣,繼續試著競爭,試著要贏球。....我不認為我們今天晚上做的 事情是我們未來會針對贏球這件事會繼續做的事。」 There’s no doubt that will be a tall order, though. Probably even an unrealistic one. 當然無論如何會有個艱鉅的任務,甚至是個不切實際的那種。 In trading away four players for a likely buyout candidate and two players on the fringe of the rotation for a Lakers team that frankly had been worse than the Jazz for most of the season, Utah’s front office made its intentions clear. The priority in this deal was shedding future salary and taking a swing at a potentially very good future draft pick. 在交易了四個球員,換來一個在今年老實說大部分時間都比爵士爛的湖人隊的, 應該會被揮棄掉的球員還有兩個根本不太上的球員,爵士的辦公室很明顯了。 這個交易主要就是要把未來的薪水抖掉,然後把未來的選秀權弄來。 Gay was not in a mood to toe the company line about still trying to win, noting that there was time still before the deadline to make yet more moves. Gay沒有在那個要跟公司「沆瀣一氣」號稱我們還要贏,提及了在交易前其實 還有一些時間。 Asked if he was now considering his own future, he didn’t bother to deflect or equivocate. 在被問到他有沒有在想自己的未來,他也沒有講什麼躲開的或模凌兩可的。 “I’d be crazy to say no. With that move, we know where the organization is going,” Gay said. “I don’t know. I mean, I think at this point in my career, I do want to win and be a part of a team that’s trying to get to the promised land, so to say. But no matter what I’m gonna be a professional.” 「我要是說沒有就是瘋了。這個交易,我知道我們的整個組織是要幹嘛。」Gay說。 「我不知道,我指得是,我認為在我的生涯的這個點上,我還是想要贏球而且在一個 可以去應許之地(按:應指冠軍)的球隊之類的。不過不管怎樣我還是會保持職業精神。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 123.252.56.63 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/UTAH-JAZZ/M.1676033643.A.4F2.html
teren: 康利真的很適合帶年輕人 02/10 21:25
jeromeshih: 覺得想法也不太一樣,認真比賽而輸球跟觀念所以輸球, 02/10 22:12
jeromeshih: 還有失去休息室領袖對年輕球員的影響也不同 02/10 22:12
Actus: 陣容輸人 心態也崩了 不但坦得下去 而且起不來了 ㄎㄎ 02/10 22:14
earldunn: 安吉:崩了嗎?很好,這就是我要的 02/10 22:21
sustainer123: 下去不知道能不能起來 GG 02/10 22:26
rachu: Gay是在喊吹密還是買斷嗎 02/10 22:31
nobody: 就算他喊了老闆也不會理他 不然早丟了 02/10 22:33
nobody: 但他這樣都賣不掉 看來也要掂掂自己斤兩會不會就沒工作了 02/10 22:35
ecoli0608: 感謝翻譯!年輕人不曉得心態上撐不撐得住!馬卡考驗時 02/10 22:51
ecoli0608: 刻來了,不會再有那麼多easy basketball 跟空檔3分,持 02/10 22:51
ecoli0608: 球單打護球太差,能不能進化靠這波了!凱斯勒得分也會 02/10 22:51